Thursday, September 20, 2012

MTC Week #3

September 10, 2012

Hola familia!

Glad to here you are all doing well. I strangely miss you. don't worry im not home sick or anything. my keyboard sucks so excuse my grammar. It was good to get a letter from you and dad. I sent a letter to katie saying happy birthday but idk if it got there in time or what. so anyways.

Dad. Hunting sounds pretty good right now. I think we are just never meant to max out birds. sounds like fun though. where is ripley? hows the job search?

Mom, Im glad youre doing well. good to hear that youre figuring out that you are a good person. i realized the other day how faithful you are. the fact that you went a hundred years without an answer of prayer is pretty crazy. i hope it doesnt take me that long to get an answer. that has become my new struggle. since i have never had that it has been bothering me with all the talk of being your first convert and stuff here. i already know its all true but its annoying. once again i am involved in a waiting game. but at least its just me and God instead of me and a bunch of others and God. I think im finally learning happy diligent patiences instead of just cause i have to patience. thats probably the biggest lesson i have learned so far. my humility level has improved by a 100% also which is good. Thanks for the wolf thing by the way. it came at a very good time. i liked it a lot. i am actually freaking pumped about missionary work cause last night we watched a talk by elder holland in the mtc a while back called missions are forever. watch it. its awesome. he got me all excited to be a missionary and be obedient. he is definitely my favorite. the way he speaks is exactly how i need it every time.

Katie. hope youre doing well. happy birthday.

connor. read your scriptures and go outside. hope youre doing well also.

this week has been pretty good. ive learned a lot and the mach lessons are going pretty well. my teachers are so dope! one of them is like a magician of dissernment or however you spell it. last week when i was feeling proud on the inside even though i wasnt showing it on the outside he pulled me into a room by ourselves and said that the district looks up to me and that even though he doesnt know my story or what ive been through that he Felt to tell me that God was proud of me and he loves me. That was pretty awesome. Than he said he felt that he should ask since i was an example to the other guys. "how do you want to be remembered?" and that was it. it was awesome and it made me decide that im just gonna give in to being a leader cause i apparently cant escape it. even though i hate the idea of having to be a role model. but it was very humbling and it meant a lot that God would Have him tell me that. than the other day when i was struggling with the answer thing and he had no idea about it he walk by when he was leaving and said , "itll come elder dalton, itll come" and i thought he talked to my other teacher so i asked cause i had talked to the other one and he said no. and i was just like your good buddy. how does he do that? so dope. anyways im almost out of time. so please remind everyone that i leave for MS next monday so to send anything to there after wed. especially joanna please. now for the list of goods i need sent to ms.

my bike if you havent. you can take it to the shop and ill just pay to have them ship it. or whatever.
i need

4-5 shirts for exercise or work. this could turn to a service mission.
normal shoes but i think i told you which ones already. the gray slip ons with the swade laces.
my grayish black pants with the skulls on the tag?
socks would be good. normal gold toe.
i think thats all. ill let you know next week on anything else.

Love you guys,

Elder Dalton

No comments:

Post a Comment